I’m Anna (aka ‘Little Anna’ by my oldest friends or simply ‘VDF’). I’m based in Wilmslow, Cheshire and have been working as a graphic designer for over 18 years.
I think of myself as traditional designer, I love typography, colour and a good moodboard! I was taught in an era of brain storming, marker pads, tear sheets, letraset type and stock image catalogues. As a result I offer a well considered and crafted solution to any brief.
I spent 12 years in London working both within design agencies and in-house. During this time I obtained a wealth of understanding of the branding and design process including building a fair few brand/style guidelines and advising on brand execution. I was lucky enough to spend 3 years working in-house at Mulberry where I fell in love with the world of fashion and classic, timeless design. This is very much reflected in my design style now.
I continued to work full time in creative agencies when I returned to the North West but I always missed the variety of work and that close working relationship with clients. So in April this year, I decided to return to freelance and set up my own business, and here I am now, loving being creative again and ready to work with you and your brand (or be an extra pair of hands if you are an agency)!
Currently available for freelance opportunities from June 2019.
A little more about me .....
• I'm half Dutch, although sadly I didn't inherit the Dutch height gene and I can't speak a word of Dutch (terrible I know!)
• I'm a Yorkshire Tea snob and can't start my day without one.
• I have a slight obsession with notebooks and have a bookshelf full of unused ones I've collected over the years
• Everything has to be colour co-ordinated!
• Im a dog person (sorry cats!)
• I make a good cake (I learnt from the best!)